Friday, February 16, 2007

Uphill Battle

No matter what, I am always screwed and can never get ahead in the game. Today I finally received my results for my social midterm but boy do I sure wish I hadn't. For some reason, I always forget to provide sufficient evidence for each idea I present in my social essays, which in turn destroys my mark. I got 76%. The class average was 80%. My essay was almost the lowest marked one. Needless to say, fuck that. My CUMULATIVE mark dropped from 92 to 89 with that stupid test. Today, I had my cold war test and got 96% on it. That barely increased my mark 1%, to be 90. It sucks ass in my position. If I do well, my mark isn't affected but if I screw up just once, my mark is raped. Sure, you might think 3% isn't much but since the marking is cumulative, each new assignment I do will have less and less impact on my mark. This means that even if I do really well thus far on, my mark may and probably will be unchanged.

I also got my chem test back today and I got a 93%. Thankfully, my mark did not change from the 97% but I have to be careful next time...Need to get more than 2 hours of sleep the day of an exam.

Today was the biggest waste of time. We did absolutely nothing important in world history, I wasted my spare on kicking myself on my social mark, I didn't get far at all on my math unit assignment (plus our teacher said we all failed our portfolio assignment), did nothing in chemistry, nothing in physics, and did well on a social test that did shitall for my forever dropping social mark.

No comments: