Thursday, February 8, 2007

Concentration

Today was an eventful day. My parents just left for Palm Springs for four days and I get the house to myself (and my brother). I had a chemistry exam that I forgot about but it seemed to be okay. I also had an indoor exhibition soccer game and did well. This brings me to the point of my title. I have to consciously take part in any physical activity I take part in (ie. anything from sports to pool). Otherwise, I am wildly inconsistent in my performance, often going from really crappy to superb back to crappy again in minutes. Today, I made the effort to tell myself to just do what I do in practises. Just trap the ball, carry it a bit, and either pass it or shoot it. And it worked! I made quite a few excellent passes and even made the winning goal, with my left foot no less.

Now I look forward to an evening of television and homework. Nothing big in the way of homework but many good shows on tonight. For example, The Office, My Name is Earl, 30 Rock, Scrubs, and some other shows are on tonight. These are the only good comedies on television right now, since Arrested Development has been cancelled and both The Simpsons and Family Guy have stopped being funny (in The Simpsons' defence, they were funny for a very long time but I think it's time to move on).

Other shows I enjoy include Heroes, 24, Prison Break, and Boston Legal. I also watch Lost but I did not see the season opener yet or the last episode of Boston Legal because of homework. I'll probably watch them this weekend.

Tip: Up late and want to watch a good show? Craig Ferguson is excellent, as is the Colbert Report. The Daily Show is also something decent to watch while waiting for the Colbert Report.

No comments: