Friday, February 9, 2007

It's Friday

It's finally Friday again. Hopefully today will prove to be an easy one at school. I also hope that I can do something this weekend like play hockey or see a movie with my friends. I also have a soccer game on Sunday to look forward to (my second last one this season). It is a long weekend but that fact is negated because I have two physics labs to do and a huge English oral to prepare for the my next day of school.

Speaking of that oral, I am scared shitless about it. Right up until the English midterm this year, I had gotten solid marks in English for my essays and commentaries. But, my midterm was a different story. The midterm was a simple commentary on an easy to do poem. I did terribly, getting a 70, in fact dropping my overall average for all classes. This was due to a combination of lack of sleep, my mind being completely drained from writing a world literature paper the night before (which also screwed me up because of the contrasting purposes of the two papers), and me having no time to prepare for or remember how to write a commentary.

The oral is a commentary, which I just proved that I can fail at, but spoken and within a set time, more pressure, and without being able to stop the tape. Again, fun fun.

No comments: