Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Today

I accomplished plenty today. I managed to complete my two World Literature papers for my Grade 12 IB English class. These papers have been looming since November but thanks to having no school yesterday, I managed to find time to complete them. The first paper is a comparison of "A Doll's House" and "Medea" (I know I should be using underlines for these titles but I don't want to bother figuring out how to do that right now). The aspect of these works that I am comparing is honour and how Jason and Torvald pursue it. My second paper is supposed to be a creative paper. I chose to do it on "The Metamorphosis" since it is an excellent story and being creative on its own, allows for an easy transition to a creative paper. I discuss the possibility of Gregor's room itself being a character, providing its own insight into the story and having a special relationship with Gregor.

But enough of that...

I received my report card today.

My average dropped 1% but I'm fine with that since my chemistry and physics mark both increased.

Math 96 (was 98)
English 94 (was 99)
Chemistry 97 (was 95)
Social 92 (was 95)
Physics 96 (was 93)
Bio 94 (was 94)

World History 92 (was 90)
World Literature -

Core course average: 95 (was 96)

Yes, I do indeed seem to be a nerd. Oh well, I don't put too much effort into my studies so that's fine with me.

No comments: