Saturday, March 10, 2007

300

Well, this movie turned out exactly like I knew it would. This includes the actual movie and events with regard to seeing the movie. I'm happy to say it turned out for the better.

Like reviewers had said, yes there wasn't much storyline, but this movie doesn't need any of that shit. It has beautiful scenery, with magnificent fight scenes. One interesting thing I saw about the movie was the nearly excessive amounts of nudity and sexuality, with it not quite seeming out of place either. This is a movie about ancient Greece remember, a time famous for such things. The oracles at Delphi were awesome, pretty much being drugged up, writhing, hot young women. That is actually a pretty close representation of what they actually were, at least the drugged up part.

Xerces was freakin' huge in this movie. He stood a good few feet over Leonidas, the Spartan king. Besides some liberties taken by the movie, since this is based on the Frank Miller graphic novel rather than the actual event, this movie was pretty true to the real story (Of course not including the second betrayal in the movie or some of the mutants Xerces used).

I can safely say that was a good $11.50 spent.

I am also glad that I had been wary of trying to see the movie with my usual "friends" as I later tried to, it seemed they again had not made room for me in the car. So, in going with Shaheer, Greg, Nigel, and Matt, I preemptively blocked being fucked over. Excellent indeed. In doing so, I am not pissed at them, rather I am pleased with myself for the foresight in knowing history would repeat itself and in doing so, prevent it.

Now, this does prove to be a strange spot now though. It seems I am officially not one of the main friends in the slightest. When it is one car, which it usually is nowadays, it is always going to be Joe(for obvious reasons), Breen, James, Andrew, and BJ. Oh well I suppose. Since it's Joe's car, he's good friends with Andrew, Breen is good friends with James, and BJ is...well I don't know how HE is always over me, perhaps because they all have BLK 3 spare together or because they have actual classes together... Meh. This Friday was a proof of concept of me being able to have fun and not rely on the most unreliable.

I do realize that it is a tough situation when there are only 5 seats in a car, but to some that would warrant at least trying to find a fix of some sort. To these people I guess not. I guess I just need to continue to find other people to do things with :/

No comments: